Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. With Django, you can take Web applications from concept to launch in a matter of hours. Django takes care of much of the hassle of Web development, so you can focus on writing your app without needing to reinvent the wheel. It’s free and open source. It’s been called (by the developers of the framework)
The Webframework for perfectionists with deadlines
There is nearly nothing I can add. If you just have to get it done and if it is in the capabilities of Django you are blazing fast. And you cannot produce something that is unmaintainable. You have all the cool stuff like helpers, a working ORM (Object-Relational Mapper, more on that later…), a great admin interface and more.
- Tight integration between components:- that were designed for integration, reusability and speed from the start.
- Object-Relational Mapper:- Django’s database component that provides a bridge between the data model and the database engine and supports a large set of database systems; switching from one engine to another is a matter of changing a configuration file. This gives the developer great flexibility if a decision is made to change from one database engine to another.
- Clean URL* Design:- that’s very flexible and powerful; it lets you define patterns for the URLs in your application, and define Python (coding language that Django is written in) functions to handle each pattern. This enables developers to create URLs that are both user and search engine friendly.
*Uniform Resource Locator: used to specify addresses on the World Wide Web e.g. www.yourwebsite.com/other-information
- Automatic Administration Interface: - that is ready to be used. It makes the management of your application’s data a breeze and is highly flexible and customizable.
- Advanced Development Environment: - It comes with a lightweight web server for development and testing. When the debugging mode is enabled, Django provides very thorough and detailed error messages with a lot of debugging information. All of this makes isolating and fixing bugs very easy.
- Multi-Lingual Support:- Django supports multi-lingual websites through its built-in internationalization system. This can be very valuable for those working on websites with more than one language. The system makes translating the interface a very simple task.
- Ridiculously fast: Django was designed to help developers take applications from concept to completion as quickly as possible.
- Fully loaded: Django includes dozens of extras you can use to handle common Web development tasks. Django takes care of user authentication, content administration, site maps, RSS feeds, and many more tasks — right out of the box.
- Reassuringly secure: Django takes security seriously and helps developers avoid many common security mistakes, such as SQL* injection, cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery and clickjacking. Its user authentication system provides a secure way to manage user accounts and passwords.
*Structured Query Language: used to communicate with databases
- Exceedingly scalable: Some of the busiest sites on the planet use Django’s ability to quickly and flexibly scale to meet the heaviest traffic demands.
- Incredibly versatile: Companies, organizations and governments have used Django to build all sorts of things — from content management systems to social networks to scientific computing platforms.